Welcome to Nature Babies, the home of the best reusable nappies, cloth nappies, green nappies, terry towelling nappies and cloth diaper covers.
We offer a large selection of reusable nappies, terry towelling nappies, cloth nappies and green nappy accessories, which are all made here in the UK.
- Comfort for Baby: We have designed our range of reusable nappies and modern cloth nappies to fit different shaped babies, different tastes and different budgets. Natural fibres through to man-made fibres, all provide a soft and snuggly experience for baby. We have tested our reusable nappies & modern cloth nappy wraps thoroughly, so we know exactly how they fit, how they wash, how they dry.
- Durability & Reliability: We have been at the forefront of cloth nappy innovation since 2002, leading the way in the creation of better reusable nappies, with less leaks and more reliability. Because of this, we can ensure quality, trustworthy reusable nappies.
- Value For Money: We are one of very few, if not the only, reusable nappy company to make all of our cloth nappies 'in house', in our production space in the heart of the UK in Leicestershire. This means that out prices are extremely competitive, without compromising on quality. We pride ourselves in making the best reusable nappies money can buy, at an affordable price! We are committed to environmentally friendly products and are proud our nappies have superior green nappy credentials.
We have a wide range of reusable nappies,cloth nappies,terry towelling nappies,modern cloth nappy wraps, and reusable nappy accessories for you to chose from. Please enjoy browsing this website and we hope that you enjoy making plentiful savings, whilst helping to save the planet, with your washable nappies!
If you are a wholesale customer please click here for information of how to order!
Product of the Month: The Little Britain!
Our product of the month is our fantastic Little Britain pocket nappy! This reusable pocket nappy is fantastic for newborns and features leg gussets to ensure that nasty surprises running down baby legs are avoided..!
This iconic design was invented in 2003 by Nature Babies and was the first multisized pocket nappy to be invented, certainly as far as we are aware. A real snip at only £7.99 including a generous microfibre insert and yet still made by us from scratch in our unit in rural Wymeswold, Leicestershire.
We believe that this could be the start of your love affair with cloth nappies, since this is a nappy designed to work from the day your little one arrives.. leaving you to get on with the important things and not worry about leaks!
The Little Britain: Racing Green
Little Britain: Royal Blue
Wondering which type of reusable nappies you'll need to get started?
Watch Isobel, founder of Nature Babies, explain the uses of a Diddy Diaper, Terry Towelling Nappy and Classic Wrap.
We design 3 types of nappies:
1. Fitted nappies.These reusable nappies are used in what is called a "Two Part" system, which means that they need a waterproof layer (i.e. a wrap or cover). Easy to wash, dry and wear. The most popular choice.
2. Pocket nappies. These are reusable nappies which literally contain a 'pocket' which is stuffed with an absorbent inner.The absorbent part is stuffed in to wear and is removed for washing. A very economical system, easy to wash, dry and wear. Our Little Britain is our most recent pocket nappy, designed to be affordable as well as extremely durable.
3. Terry Towelling Nappies. Terry towelling nappies need to be folded and used with a wrap, also a two part system. Still very popular as they are the most economical choice of reusable nappy, however they can be fiddly, especially if you have a wriggly baby!
Why Use Cloth Nappies? Nappy Facts:
1: Better for baby
Parents are increasingly concerned about the unregulated chemicals used in disposables. Most disposable nappies contain artificial chemical absorbents such as sodium polyacrylate. These chemical granules are used to increase absorbency and form a gel that can end up on your baby as well as in the soil. Independent US research has also shown that the chemicals in non-cloth disposables can trigger asthma like reactions in normal laboratory animals (US Archives of Environemntal Health), October 1999). Our green, eco friendly nappies contain no dangerous chemicals, making for a much happier experience for your baby.
2: Better for the environment
Waste - Nearly 3 billion nappies are thrown away in the UK every year and the vast majority of these (90%) end up in landfill. Around 8 million nappies are thrown away every day in the UK! We do not know how long it takes for the plastics in disposable nappies to decompose but it could take hundreds of years. If one parent, changing 4 times a day and once at night for 3 years, stopped using disposable nappies, it would save 5 nappies per day, 35 per week, 1,820 per year, 5,460 in all being put in landfill. No wonder more and more parents are choosing cloth nappies!
3: Better for your pocket
Average spend on disposable nappies £1200. Even after washing powder, electricity, wear & tear on your machine, you will save between £500 & £600 by using cloth nappies!
But the thing most parents want to know is.. How much work is involved?
Not as much as you might think and mothers who use reusable nappies find it extremely satisfying and (dare we say it) - enjoyable (yes, really!)
Unit 44a, Wymeswold Industrial Estate,
Burton-on-the-Wolds, Loughborough, Leicestershire,