Environmental Reasons to Choose Cloth Nappies:|
- Over 8 million disposable nappies are thrown away in Britain every day
- Over 2.5yrs, one child will use approx 6,000 disposable nappies (yes, really!)
- Every £l spent on single use nappies costs the Council Tax payer 10p to dispose of them
- The total cost nationally for the disposal of nappies is £40 million each year.
- Disposables use 90 times more non-renewable material, for example, one cup of crude oil is needed to make one disposable nappy
- To keep one baby in disposable nappies for two and a half years, four and a half trees will be cut down to produce the nappies
- Re-usable nappies are soft and are made of breathable fabrics, which help to prevent nappy rash
- Disposable nappies contain gels and chemicals which are not subject to governmental controls or independent testing.